Opaeula.co.uk

THE forum and online store dedicated to Halocaridina rubra aka the Hawaiian Opae ula shrimp! 

■ Our Opae ula shrimp web store is now open! We are selling Opae ula Shrimp via our eBay store HERE
Anything and everything not related to Opae ula can go here!
 #815  by odin
 24 Jun 2016 20:21
After reading Halocaridina's topic on fairy shrimp i decided to buy some eggs to try from here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222113782894? ... EBIDX%3AIT

Here is the kit that came in the post,
Photo 24-06-2016, 19 56 59.jpg
If i have time to setup a 10Litre tank this weekend i will update the topic if not i will try later in the week!
Halocaridina liked this
 #822  by odin
 25 Jun 2016 16:03
Halocaridina wrote:Nice! Did they send you any clam shrimp, or just fairy shrimp?
Just the fairy shrimp eggs which are now in my refrigerator :lol: i got funny looks putting them in there for storage though.
Halocaridina, Ann liked this
 #3049  by odin
 10 Apr 2017 09:56
:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

The eggs are still in my fridge.... my wife must hate me for keeping them in there! :smile: :lol: :happy: :cool:
I've just not had time to start this little project yet.
Halocaridina liked this
 #3055  by Bat
 10 Apr 2017 19:48
Be careful whith fairy shrimp. Amazing, but terrible predators. My clam shrimp (triops) eggs pack included fairy intruders, and they killed most of young clams.

Lovely and murderous hohohohoh.

Last edited by Bat on 10 Apr 2017 19:51, edited 2 times in total.
odin, Halocaridina liked this
 #3057  by odin
 10 Apr 2017 22:00
Bat wrote:Be careful whith fairy shrimp. Amazing, but terrible predators. My clam shrimp (triops) eggs pack included fairy intruders, and they killed most of young clams.

Lovely and murderous hohohohoh.

Thanks for the tip :laugh: