Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Having issues with your tank or inhabitants? Need to know what equipment to use or have other questions? Post here!
 #10652  by Rec

I have a tank that’s 2 years old. My shrimp have bred multiple times and it seems like they’re doing well. But over time my chaeto algae has diminished in size and become lighter in color.

Opae experts,
What can I do to keep my chaeto green and healthy and continuing to grow?

There’s enough shrimp in there that I don’t think fertilization is a problem, but every once in awhile I supplement with chaetogro. is it the light? I had a clip on light that gave off a more yellow/dim light. I replaced it with a full spectrum , bright white light in hopes it will help.

Opinions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 #10653  by odin

Could be too much light to be honest, I’ve left mine on for months before and it made it go really pale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #10654  by Rec

odin wrote:Could be too much light to be honest, I’ve left mine on for months before and it made it go really pale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I have it set on a 12 hour timer and it’s in a dark location of my house. I’m hoping maybe it was just not the right kind of light? Very sad about the algae die off over the years. Hopefully this new light will turn things around. Thanks for replying!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk