Opaeula.co.uk

THE forum and online store dedicated to Halocaridina rubra aka the Hawaiian Opae ula shrimp! 

■ Our Opae ula shrimp web store is now open! We are selling Opae ula Shrimp via our eBay store HERE
Having issues with your tank or inhabitants? Need to know what equipment to use or have other questions? Post here!
 #3827  by odin
 04 Sep 2017 19:10
So larvae tank #02 which i am currently putting all larvae in from my main breeding tank has sprung a leak and its out of warranty by 3 weeks LOL. Its a really slow leak so i may just leave it until the larvae and baby's are big enough to transport safely and easy to catch then move them to larvae tank #01 and buy a new tank to replace this old one. This is really going to mess up my selling of the other shrimps in tank #01 if i have to start putting the larvae in that one again. ARGH :angry:

I'm more gutted its ruined my stand to by getting under the laminated layer (salt water is hella good at eating into things), i only checked on these tanks on Saturday and by Monday i noticed the leak.... major headache to say the least.

Last edited by odin on 04 Sep 2017 19:16, edited 2 times in total.
 #3844  by odin
 06 Sep 2017 19:14
New replacement tank has been ordered and will be with me soon, im not sure if i am going to swap the tanks over strait away but i may wait for the larvae to morph into shrimps and gain some size first just to lower the level of deaths when they are being moved.
 #3857  by odin
 09 Sep 2017 08:56
The new tank has arrived! I also removed the black tank back ground from the old tank so i could get a better look into where the leak may be. Well its been 2 days and the leak seems to of stopped?! I have no idea what is up with that but there WAS a leak somewhere lol.