Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Having issues with your tank or inhabitants? Need to know what equipment to use or have other questions? Post here!
 #4020  by Priscilla

Hey y'all!

I'm having some trouble growing algae, does anyone have tips on how to grow them?
It's been 2 months now but nothing is showing.

I have a 2-3l tank, with 5x 1cm marimo balls, 1 heater at 26 deg and 21 shrimps.
 #4021  by odin

hey @Priscilla If your shrimp and happy and everything is fine in your tank i wouldn't worry too much about the algae growth, i dont have any grow in my large tank and i just feed them now and again. If you do want the algae i would just wait it out longer before changing anything.
 #4022  by Priscilla

odin wrote: 15 Nov 2017 20:34 hey @Priscilla If your shrimp and happy and everything is fine in your tank i wouldn't worry too much about the algae growth, i dont have any grow in my large tank and i just feed them now and again. If you do want the algae i would just wait it out longer before changing anything.
I see, alright. Thanks for the advice Odin! :smiley:
 #4023  by Priscilla

odin wrote: 15 Nov 2017 20:34 hey @Priscilla If your shrimp and happy and everything is fine in your tank i wouldn't worry too much about the algae growth, i dont have any grow in my large tank and i just feed them now and again. If you do want the algae i would just wait it out longer before changing anything.
Just curious, do u think that the light cycle would affect their breeding pattern?
 #4024  by odin

Not at all, if you have stable water parameters, don’t disturb them too much and they get fed you will get lots of baby’s. Also tank size has a lot to do with it from my experience, being over crowded will slow the breeding down too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #4034  by Priscilla

odin wrote: 16 Nov 2017 11:04 Not at all, if you have stable water parameters, don’t disturb them too much and they get fed you will get lots of baby’s. Also tank size has a lot to do with it from my experience, being over crowded will slow the breeding down too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Is it true that once you get one shrimp berried, they'll start breeding more often? Because mine only bred for that one time :(
Am I doing something wrong?
 #4038  by odin

I wouldn't say that is the full truth, usually when you start to get breeding its the start point of your tank being optimal for breeding and therefore you should continue to get more berried females so long as you don't change things in your tank.
 #4042  by Priscilla

odin wrote: 20 Nov 2017 22:04 I wouldn't say that is the full truth, usually when you start to get breeding its the start point of your tank being optimal for breeding and therefore you should continue to get more berried females so long as you don't change things in your tank.
I see, alright thank you Odin! I guess I will have to wait out a lil longer!