Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Having issues with your tank or inhabitants? Need to know what equipment to use or have other questions? Post here!
 #3827  by odin

So larvae tank #02 which i am currently putting all larvae in from my main breeding tank has sprung a leak and its out of warranty by 3 weeks LOL. Its a really slow leak so i may just leave it until the larvae and baby's are big enough to transport safely and easy to catch then move them to larvae tank #01 and buy a new tank to replace this old one. This is really going to mess up my selling of the other shrimps in tank #01 if i have to start putting the larvae in that one again. ARGH :angry:

I'm more gutted its ruined my stand to by getting under the laminated layer (salt water is hella good at eating into things), i only checked on these tanks on Saturday and by Monday i noticed the leak.... major headache to say the least.

Attachments:
33aCKrd.jpg
33aCKrd.jpg (175.78 KiB) Viewed 5723 times
In3wn4d.jpg
In3wn4d.jpg (217.67 KiB) Viewed 5723 times
Last edited by odin on 04 Sep 2017 19:16, edited 2 times in total.
 #3844  by odin

New replacement tank has been ordered and will be with me soon, im not sure if i am going to swap the tanks over strait away but i may wait for the larvae to morph into shrimps and gain some size first just to lower the level of deaths when they are being moved.
 #3857  by odin

The new tank has arrived! I also removed the black tank back ground from the old tank so i could get a better look into where the leak may be. Well its been 2 days and the leak seems to of stopped?! I have no idea what is up with that but there WAS a leak somewhere lol.

Attachments:
KilmWLA.jpg
KilmWLA.jpg (256.24 KiB) Viewed 5721 times