Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Having issues with your tank or inhabitants? Need to know what equipment to use or have other questions? Post here!
 #169  by Ann

I know that these two waters are recommended for Opae Ula tanks, but regular bottled and tap water have important minerals that they don't have. Wouldn't it be wise to use treated bottled or tap water?
Thank you,
Ann
 #171  by odin

Ann wrote:I know that these two waters are recommended for Opae Ula tanks, but regular bottled and tap water have important minerals that they don't have. Wouldn't it be wise to use treated bottled or tap water?
Thank you,
Ann

Most bottled water will be fine for an Opae ula tank but in my guides i say to be cautious because not all water is clean and free of ingredients that may be harmful. I didn't want to make a large list of bottled waters that are ok or should be avoided is all. The minerals that the shrimp need will come from the Synthetic marine salt you mix into the water so don't worry about that side of things.

Don't use tap water, i 100% guarantee it will end up killing your shrimp because of the additives/chemicals in it. Even if you dechlorinate it with products it still wont be clean enough for the Opae ula to remain healthy.
 #174  by Ann

Oh, thank you very much for clearing that up. It's been puzzling me for a long time. Now that I know that the marine salt will solve that problem, I won't worry. Thank you.
Ann