Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #1838  by odin

opae ula related wrote:Oh o. Hope it goes well.
I don't usually clean tank rocks since there is beneficial bacteria on them and too difficult to do every so often and I am lazy. =)
I live by that motto but i make it sound like i am less lazy than i really am LOL 'if it aint broke... dont fix it' :smile: :smile: :smile:
Last edited by odin on 22 Oct 2016 17:24, edited 1 time in total.
 #1842  by odin

Give it a go and log your results for us.
 #1847  by odin

Just make sure you don't pour salt directly into your tank with shrimp and snails in it, this will harm them. Also raise the SG slowly over a few days/weeks so as not to shock the Opae ula. You may already know all of this but just in case you don't. :wink:
 #1855  by odin

How bizarre, I wonder what happened .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Last edited by odin on 22 Oct 2016 23:23, edited 1 time in total.
 #1861  by odin

Sounds good, could it of been carbon dioxide?
 #1873  by Halocaridina

Wander wrote:
Halocaridina wrote:Which type of algae did you have?
Chaeto algae, the thick kind
I have had a mix of both thick and thin chaeto for about 40 days now. The seller sold them mixed together as C. spiralis and C. linum respectively. The C. spiralis has mostly gone brown/clear and died off (although there are a few surviving strands), but the C. linum seems to be growing. Here are some pictures from the seller (the seller now sells 3 species mixed together, the other being C. crassa, but when I got mine it was only 2 species):

3qReHyE.jpg
3qReHyE.jpg (322.29 KiB) Viewed 10645 times

nXVIklr.jpg
nXVIklr.jpg (233.74 KiB) Viewed 10645 times
Last edited by Halocaridina on 23 Oct 2016 15:28, edited 3 times in total.
 #2603  by odin

Hey @Wander any updates on your current projects? How are you Opae's doing?