Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #2203  by opae ula related

Yes, moving the 67l to the floor instead of transporting to the 30l. So it will be only disturbed only once instead of twice. Probably need 2 people. Just an idea since you have berried ones.
 #2204  by odin

I agree but id be so scared of the bottom falling out if I lifted it, i'm so nervous now LOL.
 #2210  by odin

Purchased the Under matting for the tank to prevent cracks:
s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg (60.56 KiB) Viewed 4263 times
5 Ceramic caves i will pile up with the lava-rocks in one corner:
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg (117.03 KiB) Viewed 4263 times
Hopefully these will arrive early next week before the tank turns up. I'm not sure if I'm going to use the old substrate (black sand) or use crushed coral... i'm so torn on which to use, i could even use something completely different but then I wouldn't get to use the beneficial bacteria that has colonised in it. :upset:
 #2212  by odin

Haha i hope they don't hide too much! I was thinking of having the caves piled up with the lava rocks i have from my other tank in one corner (say the left back corner or left wall) and have the ocean rock on the right hand side but this time have it piled up and elevated so they can hide under it? maybe have a smaller part under the larger part so its at a 45degree angle? I'm not to sure.
Last edited by odin on 18 Nov 2016 17:51, edited 1 time in total.
 #2214  by odin

Yup! The lavarock will hopefully look something like that, the ocean rock will be a bit harder to place as they are 3 large pieces... maybe i can make like a rock-scape with them? This will be the last tank i will have in its place as i don't want to go any bigger and i feel the shrimps needed this extra space and i want to see if they decide to breed any faster or more consistently. I am still learning as im going with these shrimp and i think i can iron out some things im not happy with in this tank.