Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #2236  by odin

OK so i moved the larvae and the berried mom over to one of the cubes i am not going to break down or move from the large tank that they were released in. I just hope that they continue to thrive and get released even though i have them in a new tank now. I didn't want the larvae to turn into fully formed baby shrimps in the large tank because i highly doubt i could find them all when i break it down and remove the sand/water on change over. This way i could use my glass shrimp catcher and just cup them while they free float and is easy to do.

I will keep an eye on the berried mom but i fear that any stress or the difference in parameters are too great and cause her issues.
 #2238  by odin

Lol what I meant was I have moved my larvae and berried shrimp ahead of time to a spare tank as I had a nice opportunity to grab them and move them from the large tank I'm going to be dismantling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Last edited by odin on 19 Nov 2016 23:18, edited 3 times in total.
 #2240  by odin

opae ula related wrote:Got it. You will move the rest later to the cube?
That's the plan! They should only be in there for a few hours until I have the tanks swapped over.

#2242  by odin

Yup, all the water will be drained out into water barrels and sand moved over so it's all cycled. It's pretty much just a swap over :)