Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #2346  by opae ula related

odin wrote:
opae ula related wrote: btw,
The video/conference was held at Kilauea Visitor Center in the Big Island I believe. They have a display for Opae Ula that I took a video of when I was there. It was a nice tank.

Oh wow that's a really cool tank, how many shrimp do you think they had in there?
Best guess is 150+
 #2347  by opae ula related

Wojtek wrote:
The video/conference was held at Kilauea Visitor Center in the Big Island I believe. They have a display for Opae Ula that I took a video of when I was there. It was a nice tank.
Wow, I am glad that you did, what a fantastic display, thanks for sharing! I would love to replicate that beautiful background in one of my tanks. Can you tell us how it was made?
It is just a printed background I believe.
 #2370  by Wojtek

So these are my babies a week after from hatching, more than 30 scattered around the tank. If they make it to adulthood, should double my population (started with 25 )keep fingers crossed :grin:

Attachments:
qMmZvj8.jpg
qMmZvj8.jpg (185.39 KiB) Viewed 7959 times
 #2372  by odin

Awesome photo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #2374  by Wojtek

Thanks!
Successfully breeding your pet shrimp feels even better when you realize how vast the distance is between your aquarium and anchaline ponds, natural opae ula habitat. In my case the distance is 12309 km ( 7648 miles ), what is yours? :lol:

Attachments:
RAumZVt.png
RAumZVt.png (244.43 KiB) Viewed 7958 times
 #2375  by odin

6,980 mi
Distance from United Kingdom to Hawaii !
 #2376  by Wojtek

Opposite side of the earth, quite amazing. Wonder which forum member live closest to Hawaii anchaline pond, maybe just a few steps away? Would be nice to have a weekly updates from the habitat