Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #3061  by opae ula related

Hi Odin,

Noticed a store section on your site? nice! :smile:
 #3064  by odin

That's right guys, while i have free time i'm implementing a store section which will sell Opae ula shrimp to start with and possibly macro algae too. The shrimp baby's are still too small to ship but they are doing well and i have a constant supply of larvae being born now so in a month or 2 i should have some ready. At the moment i feel they are just too small to ship and i wouldn't want them to get hurt.
 #3067  by AdeDunn

Perfect for me bud, my tank won't be ready for at least 2 months (I'm thorough. lol). Good news on the macro algae too, especially if it's already growing in brackish conditions ready to go. :cool:
 #3068  by odin

AdeDunn wrote:Perfect for me bud, my tank won't be ready for at least 2 months (I'm thorough. lol). Good news on the macro algae too, especially if it's already growing in brackish conditions ready to go. :cool:
Absolutely is :wink:
 #3069  by AdeDunn

I'd like to give Caulerpa prolifera a go to be honest, kinda put off though as I haven't a clue how to acclimatise it to brackish. Not like shrimp or fish that you can drip acclimatise. lol Reading around though, it usually does as well as Chaeto in brackish set ups.

Still, be good to see an organised Opae'Ula store here in the UK. You can count on my buying from you in the future I'd say. `
 #3202  by odin

Things are starting to look good on the baby shrimp front! I counted around 40 eating from the substrate, caves and netted bag and they really are starting to grow well!
 #3207  by odin

I will need to figure out how to net the shrimp without netting any larvae, its going to be a mission and a half. :hmm: