Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #3237  by odin

I was thinking about this while out walking my dogs, i will have a think about it. Speaking of catching them i put the catcher tube in deep to the bottom of the tank and my thumb slipped off the end and the water shot out the top like a mortar going off! I'm just glad the larvae didn't fire out like a bullet! :smile: :cry: :omg: :laugh: :laugh:
 #3260  by odin

6 new larvae have shown up in my breeder tank tonight! I wasn't expecting any yet so its a nice surprise.
 #3269  by odin

I topped up all the tanks and fed them today, i also moved over 7 larvae from the breeder to the larvae tank and after cleaning up and putting lids/lights back i noticed another little larvae float out from some lava rock :oh: :pff: :ow: There is always at least one that gets away lol.... i will catch him tomorrow.

Here is a quick update video:

#3287  by odin

8 new larvae in the breeder tank tonight! I seem to have a new batch every week at the moment. I must record my params for preservation.
 #3288  by AdeDunn

Thanks for sharing that vid bud, really enjoyed watching, so much so I sent my wife a link to it and got her to watch it too. She now gets why I set up an Opae tank.... lol :wink:

Good news on how well they're doing for you. :grin: Your parameters must be absolutely spot on.
 #3294  by odin

odin wrote:6 new larvae have shown up in my breeder tank tonight! I wasn't expecting any yet so its a nice surprise.
Make that 16 Larvae now.
 #3310  by odin

Somebody else must be releasing some larvae as there are 24 now lol.
 #3319  by odin

Vorteil wrote:That's great. I've been following your videos on Youtube.
Thanks, id love to do more videos but my camera isn't great for video and I've never done any video editing before lol. :blush:
 #3321  by odin

Today i moved over 22 larvae to the larvae tank, topped it off and fed it. I also measured my params:

Salinity: 1.012/1.013
PH: 8.0 +/- 0.2
Temp: 25/26 Deg C

After playing with the liquid test kit and feeding the tank i spotted the last 3 larvae that were hiding out of sight when i moved over the others :pff: :pff: LOL i will move them over too tomorrow, i don't like putting anything in the tank after i have been handling test kit chemicals. I also took a few photos of some of the berried females that i spotted at the front of the tank picking at the settled food on the substrate.

1.jpg
1.jpg (861.09 KiB) Viewed 5227 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (995.3 KiB) Viewed 5227 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (785.94 KiB) Viewed 5227 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (1.04 MiB) Viewed 5227 times
Last edited by odin on 27 May 2017 15:45, edited 3 times in total.