Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #3859  by Opaeforms

Hi,

It's been a while since I last posted. I have redone my tank, and i'm using a mix of RO with salt, and tap water, instead of just tap water with salt added. I've also moved house, from a soft water area to a hard water area. I'm not sure which of these variables have made the difference but my Opae Ula are behaving completely differently now, are always active and like to group together in the open. Interesting :what:

Anyway, I wondered if any UK residents would sell me some fine chaetomorpha (not the course stuff)? I don't want to buy from an online shop as the last time when I bought the course stuff they sent me way too much! Just need a tiny bit. If anyone would be happy to do this i'd be really grateful. Please let me know a price and I can send over my address via PM and pay via paypal.

Thanks!
Last edited by Opaeforms on 10 Sep 2017 16:15, edited 2 times in total.
 #3860  by odin

How old is your tank? I can sell you some but just be warned that in new tanks where there isn't much nutrient for the plant it may dye off, it had done this in one of my newly setup larvae tanks.
 #3861  by Opaeforms

Thanks Odin! It's a month old. Do you think that's enough? I've got 3 nerite snails and 5 opae ula in a 24 litre tank. Been getting some quite aggressive algae growth and have gone from 12 hours of light to 8 this past week to reign it back a bit.
Last edited by Opaeforms on 10 Sep 2017 16:38, edited 1 time in total.
 #3862  by odin

You can try it if you like, PM (private message) me your address and i will reply to it.