Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #2036  by odin

Halocaridina wrote:Very nice tank. How many opae ula do you have in there?

Around 300 or so :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #2041  by odin

I was thinking, the Opae ula i purchased and had shipped to me have started breeding well but not as constantly as id of hoped for up till now, my question is do you think this is due to my setup differentiating from their original homes/tanks? And if so do you think the offspring i have now will breed more consistently as they have been born and raised in my tank and are 100% used to the parameters? Just something that got me thinking really as the babies would not need to ever adapt.
 #2042  by opae ula related

How many months did it take from purchased to first berried? Your Alpha tank like 2 months? It was around 3 months for my 1st tank.

I think so to your question. It is like me moving to the UK. :upsidedown: Takes time to get settled from the stress of traveling in a small bag :oh: and a new home/environment :sad: Also depends on the new tank/owner and if the tank was established or not. I think a lot of variables.

I agree & think offspring will breed more consistently since they were born/raised and by the time they can get berried have live their "juvenile" time there with very little stress.
 #2043  by odin

They started breeding about 10 months or so after getting them, they were very young though. If I have a huge influx in a year or so time I will know the shrimps born this time around are much more comfortable breeding because of their environment never changing.

Last edited by odin on 01 Nov 2016 09:24, edited 1 time in total.
 #2044  by opae ula related

Young ones is a variable. :tongue:

http://smalltalk.staradvertiserblogs.co ... xperiment/

Another topic - See pic at above link that shows all the opae ula were banded. This pic was also in the Anchialine book.

It was interesting that all were banded, too bad she never answered your question. :angry:
 #2045  by odin

opae ula related wrote:Young ones is a variable. :tongue:

http://smalltalk.staradvertiserblogs.co ... xperiment/

Another topic - See pic at above link that shows all the opae ula were banded. This pic was also in the Anchialine book.

It was interesting that all were banded, too bad she never answered your question. :angry:
Lol yea it's annoying but I've gotten used to it :p

#2051  by odin

Spotted a larvae swimming around my breeder tank today! Then spotted the mom shrimp with anther 4 or 5 ready to be released which i assume is where the 1st larvae came from. Pretty cool surprise :happy: