Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

■ We sell Opae ula Shrimp and Brackish water Macroalgae via our UK eBay store HERE
This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #6892  by zlatan2601
 05 Mar 2019 07:58
That looks really nice!!
 #6901  by Vorteil
 05 Mar 2019 23:55
I have black crushed coral as well. Not sure which one I'll use. I want to do the same thing on a 10 gallon. I figure if I get a tank I can slowly glue the rocks down over time. No rush. I just don't have the room right now. I need to get rid of a refrigerator in the garage & then add a strong rack to place all the tanks on it. I'll add the sand and light by this weekend and post some pics.
 #6908  by opae ula related
 07 Mar 2019 15:52
Vorteil wrote:I have black crushed coral as well. Not sure which one I'll use. I want to do the same thing on a 10 gallon. I figure if I get a tank I can slowly glue the rocks down over time. No rush. I just don't have the room right now. I need to get rid of a refrigerator in the garage & then add a strong rack to place all the tanks on it. I'll add the sand and light by this weekend and post some pics.
Cant wait to see
 #6917  by odin
 09 Mar 2019 18:37
Vorteil wrote:I started messing around with a half gallon cube, Decided to glue lava rocks to the back wall. Not sure if I want white crushed coral as a substrate or a black one. I plan to spray paint the back outside wall gloss black. I figured if I don't like it I can easily take it apart. I figure the algae and biofilm can grow on the rocks.
I plan to fill it with water and leave it outside for awhile, maybe a month or so.

IMG_4051.JPG
IMG_4052.JPG
IMG_4053.JPG
IMG_4054.JPG
IMG_4056.JPG
IMG_4055.JPG

Oh wow the shrimp are going to really love that... great job. :cool:
Vorteil liked this