Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #9221  by Beano

I am thinking to restart up my breeder tank and the larvae tank again. Seeing my 2 females constantly berried is really depressing knowing those larvae end up being eaten.

I am thinking to go full saltwater and live phytoplankton route for the larvae tank with a sponge filter. Anyone tried that before? This is based on the theory that the larvae float out to sea to feed until adulthood.
 #9223  by opae ula related

Beano wrote:I am thinking to restart up my breeder tank and the larvae tank again. Seeing my 2 females constantly berried is really depressing knowing those larvae end up being eaten.

I am thinking to go full saltwater and live phytoplankton route for the larvae tank with a sponge filter. Anyone tried that before? This is based on the theory that the larvae float out to sea to feed until adulthood.
Go for it! Live phytoplankton from?
 #9225  by Beano

I had previously bought some micro algae culture disk from Florida aqua farms http://floridaaquafarms.com/product-cat ... -cultures/

But somehow I misplaced them lol. So I never got to experiment with micro Plant plankton for the larvae. I can’t remember which plankton breed I bought, think it was nanochloropsus. Darn....I need to research again. :tongue: It’s got to be able to live in saltwater and as tiny size as possible.