Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #9269  by moriker

i have 4 babies inside my other tank that was professionally done, and the tank width is about 8cm, and I have another 20 odd adults inside. How do I scoop these 4 shrimplets out and set up a new kids tank?

Speaking of which, what are the pros and cons of a kids tank?
 #9274  by odin

I used a glass shrimp catcher to move my larvae, what country to you riside in and i will try and find one for you.
 #9286  by moriker

Yeah its a legit website but how does it work? Is it because the tubes are only big enough for the shrimplets to pass through? Once u trapped them all, then how do u release them in the new tank?
 #9288  by odin

You put the cup end in the tank and catch the larvae then put your finger over the end on the handle and this keeps the water in place in the cup, you put it in the tank you are moving them to under water then let go of the end hole on the handle and it will push it all out so let go of the hole slowly with your finger. There is a trick to it but when you use it you will see what I mean, it takes practice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #9296  by moriker

Thought it'd be better so that the shrimplets can grow up together. And if I ever sell, then at least I can sell batches of similar aged shrimps
 #9297  by odin

you need to be real careful when messing around with larvae, no knocks or shocks etc.. id only move them if you are going to start selling.