Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #1265  by odin

I don't, it mixes into the sand and disappears from the surface.
 #1266  by Ann

Wouldn't that cause a problem with the water quality the same as uneaten food would?
Ann
Last edited by Ann on 21 Sep 2016 17:09, edited 1 time in total.
 #1267  by odin

You would think so but I am yet to see any issues, either the bioload is still very small or the algae is using the nitrates for their own food before the level becomes toxic. Nothing to worry about and I test the water quality because I'm pretty paranoid about the water quality :tongue: .
 #1269  by Ann

That's good to know. The more I learn about these little pixies, the more amazed I am. How did you post the answer so fast? I just posted the question.
Ann
:lol:
 #1270  by odin

I get notified when someone posts so I won't miss any posts or questions on the forum :wink:
 #1272  by Ann

Hmm. Maybe I'll post one every ten seconds and see if you can answer the. :smile:
Just kidding.
Ann
 #1277  by odin

No worries and enjoy the macro algae, get it strait in your tank and it will start eating nitrates.
 #1278  by odin

:smile: small ones are shrimp poops, big ones are snail poops lol.
 #1297  by odin

Great video! Your shrimps seem very happy, that stuff looks like cuttlefish? it will buffer the PH nicely, the macro algae should start to bunch up and turn into a ball shape sooner or later and then start growing slowly. Glad you like it and thanks for the update. :smile: :smile: :smile: