Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #1704  by Priscilla

opae ula related wrote:Nice setup!! New phone?ImageThis pic is much better than your first pic.
Hey opae ula related!

Thank you! :sidesmile:
And nope! I'm still using the same phone! Maybe because I had the tank light on.
Haven't got a tank light in the first one!
 #1706  by Ann

I'm sure they will breed now. A little music, a little algae and they're good to go!
Ann :upsidedown:
 #1711  by Priscilla

Ann wrote:I'm sure they will breed now. A little music, a little algae and they're good to go!
Ann :upsidedown:
Thanks Ann! :grin2:
Now I'm just waiting for my algae to grow! :lol:
 #1953  by Priscilla

Wander wrote:Again i am waaaay to late, adding those stars would not pose a big risk i think,
Most (almost all) glow in the dark things that have to be charged with light are made with Strontium aluminate.
Which is like Wikipedia says "chemically and biologically inert" which means it will not pose any risk to your shrimp.
I am not sure in what plastic the Strontium aluminate is suspended tho, it's probably some resin which could leak very small amounts of plastic hardeners over time into your tank.
I doubt these quantities of plastic hardeners would harm your shrimp but that is basically the only risk.
Before you say well it's clear then, stuff like aquarium tubing is often made from pvc which leaches plastic softeners and those chemicals are just as or even worse than the hardeners.
Many decorations heater parts etc etc leach these things too.
Happy to inform :wink:
Hi Wander!
Thanks for the info! :smile:
I'll test it out first before adding them in! :happy: