Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #223  by Ann

While I was watching an Opae Ula video on two separate occasions I was asked what kind of fish they were. They swim much mote like fish than shrimp.
Ann
 #224  by odin

Mine are lazy, if they want to get from the top of the tank to the bottom they just freeze and fall downwards and sometimes upside down and if it ever catches your eye it looks like one has died right before your eyes and is free falling to the substrate! Then just as they are at the bottom of the tank they correct themself s and swim on :smile:
 #226  by Ann

They're smart. Why swim when they can float?
Ann
 #229  by odin

Ann wrote:They're smart. Why swim when they can float?
Ann
Ive got one on video pulling off that move, if you skip to 2:00 on the video and watch the left hand side rock and watch above it you will see one free falling down :laugh: :smile: :sidesmile:

#232  by Ann

I saw him or her What a beautiful video! How large is the tank? As you might guess, I'm becoming obsessed with these little shrimp.

Ann
 #233  by odin

Ann wrote:I saw him or her What a beautiful video! How large is the tank? As you might guess, I'm becoming obsessed with these little shrimp.

Ann
The tank is 67litres (17 US gallons) they make great tank inhabitants to watch and entertain.
 #235  by Ann

That's a good size. It's really a wonderful tank. Better than watching television.
 #236  by odin

I find them really relaxing to watch, very entertaining to say the least.