Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

■ We sell Opae ula Shrimp and Brackish water Macroalgae via our UK eBay store HERE
This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #5845  by Arnold
 19 Nov 2018 13:12
Lots of people have tell me that the tank looks more bigger than 20 liter :omg: I think its because of the curvature of the glass looks more deep to the eye, and yes Im searching for the perfect volcanic stones to make a nice scape. The shrimp are very comfortable so I dont worry about it, they can hide in the macroalgae if they want and they are in a very quiet zone in my room no one disturb them.
 #5847  by Algae In Space
 19 Nov 2018 13:56
Arnold wrote: 19 Nov 2018 13:12 Lots of people have tell me that the tank looks more bigger than 20 liter :omg: I think its because of the curvature of the glass looks more deep to the eye, and yes Im searching for the perfect volcanic stones to make a nice scape. The shrimp are very comfortable so I dont worry about it, they can hide in the macroalgae if they want and they are in a very quiet zone in my room no one disturb them.

I see! I tried my new lava rocks yesterday and they seem pretty huge :smile: Well let's see what I can build with them...
odin liked this
 #6491  by Arnold
 16 Jan 2019 14:43
Today first feeding almost 3 month after the shrimp arrival!!! I was waiting to feed since the tank was inmature, a single tiny pellet with spirulina, they seem to like it very much in less of 24 h it dissapeared completely. The 13 shrimp are doing fantastic growing and molting, I need to get them more cover for start the breeding
 #6492  by opae ula related
 16 Jan 2019 17:39
Arnold wrote:Today first feeding almost 3 month after the shrimp arrival!!! I was waiting to feed since the tank was inmature, a single tiny pellet with spirulina, they seem to like it very much in less of 24 h it dissapeared completely. The 13 shrimp are doing fantastic growing and molting, I need to get them more cover for start the breeding
You have strong will power to wait 3 months. They must be happy with the treat.
 #6504  by Arnold
 17 Jan 2019 15:16
Yes haha I had seen people feeding inmature tanks and having problems with bacterial blooms, cloudy water, etc So I prefer to be careful also now I have a great cleaning crew with the snails
Attachments
20190117_145248~2.jpg
New red macroalgae to play with
20190117_145248~2.jpg (1.39 MiB) Viewed 171 times
 #6509  by Arnold
 17 Jan 2019 16:57
I dont really know some Rhodophyta macroalgae maybe Gracillaria sp