Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #6734  by Algae In Space

Arnold wrote: 03 Feb 2019 23:32 Thanks, im just trying to make something like a anchialine pool biotope with volcanic stone, ditch grass and algae. I also hope to see some breeding action soon

I was thinking of putting something else in my tank but I guess I'll just wait until some macro algae strands grow bigger. Ditch grass would be nice. :grin3:
 #6780  by Arnold

I wish a had so much to give to everyone in the forum also I wish the shipping were possible :upset: , I think your better chances are to look in north Italy or another zone near Austria, unlucky for the most people this plant its not comercialy used in aquarium hobby
 #6783  by Arnold

Yes also impossible to ship live plants from here canary islands, you can try to search in brackish marshes in that zone of northen italy
 #6787  by Algae In Space

Arnold wrote: 16 Feb 2019 11:51 Yes also impossible to ship live plants from here canary islands, you can try to search in brackish marshes in that zone of northen italy

Oh ok. I also tried to find someone in northern Germany who could send me some ditch grass. No success so far :grin3:
 #6977  by Arnold

(Almost) 5 months update: The shrimps are doing well all 13 alive but still not breeding, the snails as expected breeding like rabbits, the algae and Widgeon grass growing real good as well