Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #6665  by Vorteil

IMG_3554.JPG
IMG_3554.JPG (21.11 KiB) Viewed 6853 times
IMG_3591.JPG
IMG_3591.JPG (44.28 KiB) Viewed 6853 times
IMG_3589.JPG
IMG_3589.JPG (40.07 KiB) Viewed 6853 times
 #6672  by Vorteil

I have a few in the tank. Not sure the sex. Don't have any interest in breeding a specific color at this time. I guess if I had more but for now it's only 3-4 and don't feel like separating them.
 #6686  by opae ula related

Vorteil wrote:I have a few in the tank. Not sure the sex. Don't have any interest in breeding a specific color at this time. I guess if I had more but for now it's only 3-4 and don't feel like separating them.
You selling Opae Ula? I saw a Vorteil seller in Ebay.
 #6689  by Vorteil

@opae ula related

Yes I am. What else can I do as the numbers keep climbing up? I've given some away to friends. I really don't care if they sell. Personally I would rather keep them all but I promised my wife that I would.
 #6690  by opae ula related

Vorteil wrote:@opae ula related

Yes I am. What else can I do as the numbers keep climbing up? I've given some away to friends. I really don't care if they sell. Personally I would rather keep them all but I promised my wife that I would.
Nice! Need to keep her happy! Image extra money Image is always good. Save up for a trip to Hawaii! Ha
 #6695  by Vorteil

Yeah as least pay for the electricity. I'm not a business and this is not my way of making a living. Straight pure hobbyist. The price is not the cheapest and in reality I could care less if it sells. It's not like i'm buying from the islands and reselling. I think once you do stuff like that you lose interest. These opae facinate me.

Now I have gotten into another shrimp. Not sure if I want to continue in FW but I enjoy it. Problem with FW is tank parameters are more crazy. Upkeep is not a leave it and be done like the opae ula.
IMG_3572.JPG
IMG_3572.JPG (60.78 KiB) Viewed 6809 times
IMG_3574.JPG
IMG_3574.JPG (52.37 KiB) Viewed 6809 times
IMG_3595.JPG
IMG_3595.JPG (41.25 KiB) Viewed 6809 times