Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #6674  by odin

How much liquid does that hold? Tank maintenance won’t be easy on this container.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #6676  by odin

Yeah real bulbs are not flat on the base like that one and would just roll over here in the UK anyway lol.

#6679  by opae ula related

odin wrote: 01 Feb 2019 12:26 Yeah real bulbs are not flat on the base like that one and would just roll over here in the UK anyway lol.

You are right. Must be a decorative thing like AIG said.
 #6691  by Vorteil

Definately that bulb holding the betta is too small. I think it's lack of knowledge on what's a resonable size to keep bettas in.

If you think about it was it the ecospheres that came of first with the 4" small globe which has 3-4 opae? When I first saw those I thought they were the coolest thing. As I started to gain more knowledge it turned in WTF that's really messed up.
I myself have jars with opaes in them. The smallest being a quart. This is the smallest I would go. Everyone in there seems to be fine.
 #6739  by odin

The only problem we have in the UK is we need a heater to keep the shrimp happy, and small containers cant also house a tank heater.. has anyone tried with a heat mat?