Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #7745  by Beano
 21 Jun 2019 18:28
[/quote]
Yeah, minimal. Man, you sure tried a lot of times!
[/quote]

Oh yeah...tried many months...but no success :sad2:
 #7746  by Algae In Space
 21 Jun 2019 18:35
Beano wrote: 21 Jun 2019 16:22
Algae In Space wrote: 21 Jun 2019 10:35 Have you guys tried Nannochloropsis? Like this:

https://www.amazon.de/Nannochloropsis-P ... ay&sr=8-1/

Is this the "green water" you were talking about?
I bought some nannochloropsis culture from this site http://floridaaquafarms.com/shop/microalgae-disks/

But didn’t get around to cultivating ....I lost the culture dishes,...suspect wife might have accidentally thrown them in the bin. :tongue:

Ok interesting!
 #7748  by Rex113
 21 Jun 2019 19:09
opae ula related wrote: 21 Jun 2019 00:47
Vorteil wrote:@opae ula related

When do you think you will try? Are any of your ML's berried?

She is currently berried in a guppy box. I will transfer her in the box to another tank once I get most of the OP out. If any ML larvae (when they are ready) get out of the box through the opening I will transfer the mommy ML back to original tank. Then go from there.
If you look a couple of inches to the right of the M/L there appears to be a baby shrimp, is it an Opae Ula?
Image
 #7749  by opae ula related
 21 Jun 2019 21:46
Rex113 wrote:

If you look a couple of inches to the right of the M/L there appears to be a baby shrimp, is it an Opae Ula?
Yeah, Opae ula larva. It disappeared within an hour. Either escape through openings or eaten my ML.
 #7750  by Vorteil
 21 Jun 2019 22:11
I've seen a couple of berried ML females scurrying about the tank when I feed them. I'm tempted to try & catch them.

What about a tank which contains live rotifers + Phytoplankton to add the NL larvae to? Air line in there to keep the water moving gently. No sponge filer as everything will get sucked up?

http://floridaaquafarms.com/shop/live-rotifer-cultures/
 #7751  by opae ula related
 21 Jun 2019 23:48
Vorteil wrote:I've seen a couple of berried ML females scurrying about the tank when I feed them. I'm tempted to try & catch them.

What about a tank which contains live rotifers + Phytoplankton to add the NL larvae to? Air line in there to keep the water moving gently. No sponge filer as everything will get sucked up?

http://floridaaquafarms.com/shop/live-rotifer-cultures/
Go for it!! Airline is my plan too.
 #7753  by opae ula related
 22 Jun 2019 01:43
Beano wrote:You could try placing the shrimp flake on the net as bait. I use 2 nets like a clamp to catch them.
With no ornaments in the tank?
 #7754  by Beano
 22 Jun 2019 01:52
Easier to catch them if you can remove ornaments but sometimes I can flush out them out by poking a stick around where they hide and they rush out where I can get them with the nets. After some practice using two nets to catch them is not so difficult.
 #7755  by opae ula related
 22 Jun 2019 07:13
Beano wrote:Easier to catch them if you can remove ornaments but sometimes I can flush out them out by poking a stick around where they hide and they rush out where I can get them with the nets. After some practice using two nets to catch them is not so difficult.
Nice!
  • 1
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13