Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

This section is to discuss anything Opae ula shrimp and brackish water related. e.g Nerite snails, algae etc..
 #8096  by Owlbit

Algae In Space wrote: 25 Jul 2019 15:42 I've sent an email to shop but haven't yet received an answer.
Search for their facebook page (Aquascapes808) and look under their pictures. They used to hold Opae Ula Workshops and it looks to be geared towards young kids. So fake plants are very likely in their display tank.
 #8098  by Algae In Space

Owlbit wrote: 26 Jul 2019 06:16
Algae In Space wrote: 25 Jul 2019 15:42 I've sent an email to shop but haven't yet received an answer.
Search for their facebook page (Aquascapes808) and look under their pictures. They used to hold Opae Ula Workshops and it looks to be geared towards young kids. So fake plants are very likely in their display tank.

Oh OK! But I don't have facebook! Could you ask them!? Would be much appreciated.
 #8119  by opae ula related

Algae In Space wrote:Got the info:
The plants in the opae ula jar are plastic plants. Haven’t found any plants that works well in brackish water.

You were right :smile:
Cool for the confirmation!!
 #8122  by Owlbit

Algae In Space wrote: 29 Jul 2019 09:54 Got the info:
The plants in the opae ula jar are plastic plants. Haven’t found any plants that works well in brackish water.

You were right :smile:
Yeah, if only it was a real plant. When researching freshwater shrimps, so many breeders use live plants and I envy them. I used to love planted tanks and I guess that desire mixes with my love of the opae ula. I have to keep reminding myself about where the opae ula come from and to be satisfied.