Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #10308  by Chaiwatuk

Starting a journal properly (previously in the water preparation chat). 10 shrimps. Basic water cycle set up the natural way (took me 3 months, but got there in the end with some helps). Algae are growing nicely now, With plenty of bio films. Probably does not need too much feeding. The shrimps weren’t too interested in spirulina at the moment. They are now typically quite active especially when the light is off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 #10314  by odin

Looking great! Really do love that substrate!
 #10353  by odin

Wow that was fast! Congratulations!!! :tongue: :happy: :cool:
 #10404  by Chaiwatuk

Tank update. All is well. Couple of diatom blooms which I used scraper to solve. Fed once every three to four weeks with spirulina. Survived hot Uk summer without much help. About 3 shrimps berries so far in the last 3 months or so. Quite a lot of tiny baby shrimps (about 8 floating round at the moment) but hard to take photo of them.

#10406  by odin

Glad it’s going well, yeah our UK summer really was something wasn’t it! My betta was happy with it though. :tongue:
 #10413  by opaeforever

Chaiwatuk wrote: 15 Sep 2022 21:05 Image
Tank update. All is well. Couple of diatom blooms which I used scraper to solve. Fed once every three to four weeks with spirulina. Survived hot Uk summer without much help. About 3 shrimps berries so far in the last 3 months or so. Quite a lot of tiny baby shrimps (about 8 floating round at the moment) but hard to take photo of them.

how high is the UK summer daily temperature?
 #10414  by Chaiwatuk

opaeforever wrote:
Chaiwatuk wrote: 15 Sep 2022 21:05 Image

how high is the UK summer daily temperature?
Usually not high at all. But this summer we had few weeks where outdoor temperature was over 37 and few days over 41 C. Aquarium Water temp was over 35 for some of these days. My understanding is that recommended temp for Opae is about 24 C which is my setting for thermostat.