Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

■ We sell Opae ula Shrimp and Brackish water Macroalgae via our UK eBay store HERE
Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #6464  by opae ula related
 12 Jan 2019 08:17

Closeup of berried Lohena and 5 or 6 Larvae in mother. Can see heartbeat starting at 20 sec mark.
tzg liked this
 #6474  by opae ula related
 14 Jan 2019 06:54
ImageImage
Some pics of Metabetaeus lohena Larva. They are smaller than Opae Ula and harder to see since they are clearer with smaller yolk sac.
 #6476  by opae ula related
 14 Jan 2019 15:33
Arnold wrote:So you get them to breed succesfully?? :lol:
No. Just wanted to see how they look. Video coming soon. :)
 #6477  by Arnold
 14 Jan 2019 19:21
Oh I hope that you achieve it soon, by the way any tip or advice for the opaes to get them to breed? I know its a difficult and vague question but anything will help
 #6478  by opae ula related
 14 Jan 2019 19:32
Arnold wrote:Oh I hope that you achieve it soon, by the way any tip or advice for the opaes to get them to breed? I know its a difficult and vague question but anything will help
Don't plan on doing it. Too difficult for Lohena. For Opae Ula- patience, you will with your tank.
 #6480  by Arnold
 14 Jan 2019 21:28
Yes I know they usually take his time to breed I dont have hurry hehe, also im pretty sure they need more hidding spaces like a rock with lots of holes or crevices. I have seen a lot of molds and they have grown very good since they came. How long they usually breed for you in new aquariums?
 #6481  by opae ula related
 14 Jan 2019 22:11
Arnold wrote:Yes I know they usually take his time to breed I dont have hurry hehe, also im pretty sure they need more hidding spaces like a rock with lots of holes or crevices. I have seen a lot of molds and they have grown very good since they came. How long they usually breed for you in new aquariums?
Mines were 3 to 4 months. I think there were some members that had their Opae berried within a month of setting a tank. Yeah, hiding spaces would help. If they are happy swimming around the tank then it is a good sign.