Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #7199  by odin

Congratulations! Exciting times ahead :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #7437  by pentux

Yes indeed. Havent been seeing the babies around lately (I thought all died) but saw so many teens today. Guess they knew how to hide.

I wish I could adjust the seafan to give me a better view (this photo from the side) but I do not want to disturb them since they love it.

Cant wait for my tank to be imploded with more shrimps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 #7440  by odin

You have gotten the hard work done already getting the water and tank perfect for breeding, just keep it how it is now and sit back and enjoy the burst in numbers :)

#7451  by pentux

opae ula related wrote:Seaweed surviving?
Seaweed? I put in a plant before but it didnt survive and I had it remove long ago. Not many plants I can find to beautify the tank

#8026  by pentux

Regretted putting in mts.
They breed like crazy. Bought 5 and seller gave 7. And now I had to scoop out tiny babies on a daily basis to prevent overpopulation.

#8027  by odin

Yup it’s unfortunate how fast they take over a tank, I learnt my lesson when I kept fresh water shrimp and had these snails over taking my tank.

Try to keep the algae down and that should slow down breeding as they won’t have the food to support them.