Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #7264  by tzg

congrats! my first shrimp had 3 babies, and the second one had about 8-10 babies. hope the next one have over 15! :smile:
 #7267  by deedee71

Thankyou tzg , I was really surprised to find so many babies, I thought some would just disappear. They are mainly floating up and down, but some rest against the glass wall of the tank.
 #7279  by deedee71

Can I top up with water now or should I wait until larvae a bit older? The tank water is evaporating quite a bit.
 #7294  by odin

Yup it's fine to top off, make sure it's just pure water and not brackish water you are putting back in.. The salt stays in the tank even after water evaporation so you will just put the salt quantity up and up over time in the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #7298  by tzg

i have a 1 gallon tank and i top it up aggressively creating tornado in the tank when there were 5 larvaes and i ended up seeing only 3 grown ups. so pls be gentle when they are larvae inside.
 #7789  by deedee71

It’s been a while since I updated the thread, because I only saw one baby shrimp after that, but last night I counted four babies on one bit of rock which they must prefer, so I’m hoping they all get to adulthood 🙂
 #7791  by opae ula related

deedee71 wrote:It’s been a while since I updated the thread, because I only saw one baby shrimp after that, but last night I counted four babies on one bit of rock which they must prefer, so I’m hoping they all get to adulthood Image
Nice!! They should once they get to this stage.