Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #8316  by opae ula related

Algae In Space wrote:Man you got so much nice algae!! Mine totally gone since new snails.
Wow, for real? Have 2 Pipiwai in this main tank and they are getting big.ImageImage
 #8318  by odin

Snails are great, I think I’m going to try and find an enclosed lid for the cubes and introduce 1 small horned nerite snail to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #8319  by opae ula related

odin wrote:Snails are great, I think I’m going to try and find an enclosed lid for the cubes and introduce 1 small horned nerite snail to them.

Oh, thought you had custom bulit lids already
 #8320  by opae ula related

Algae In Space wrote:Yup they pretty much ate all of the algae. 2 cm is pretty good!
Maybe someone has a guide to number of snails to a certain tank size. AIG create one :). I assume different species eat different amounts of algae? I think one Pipiwai snail to 2 to 3 gallons of water is ideal.
 #8322  by odin

opae ula related wrote:
odin wrote:Snails are great, I think I’m going to try and find an enclosed lid for the cubes and introduce 1 small horned nerite snail to them.

Oh, thought you had custom bulit lids already

Oh yeah I do on my normal tanks but the small ones I’m going to sell have an opening on the tops.

#8330  by Algae In Space

opae ula related wrote: 25 Aug 2019 15:48
Algae In Space wrote:Yup they pretty much ate all of the algae. 2 cm is pretty good!
Maybe someone has a guide to number of snails to a certain tank size. AIG create one :). I assume different species eat different amounts of algae? I think one Pipiwai snail to 2 to 3 gallons of water is ideal.

A guide? Haven't really found one. I only know that certain nerites seem to eat more than others. But that's it...
 #8621  by opae ula related

Accidentally crush an OP against net and top glass while moving it to another tank. Hoping it was ok and release it to tank but it was dead. Other OPs ate it up within half an hour. : (