Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #9220  by TheMuggle

I first was interested in Opae Ula when I contemplated getting an ecosphere, but I shortly realized that the setup is not ideal for the shrimp. So here I am beginning my first small tank which is 2.5 L.
So far my tank has been cycling for at least a week and the only issue I have right now is the presence of chlorine. I am going to let the tank cycle and sit for at least another week to see what happens with those specific levels. I really want to keep the sea fan, however, I heard that it may cause issues down the line. I do want to have something that stands vertically in the tank, so does anyone have any other options out there as a decoration piece?
 #9243  by odin

Oh wow I love the tank, I also have a few of that brands and they make nice lights to o (although exspensive). Did you ever get to the bottom of the chlorine issue?
 #9255  by TheMuggle

odin wrote:Oh wow I love the tank, I also have a few of that brands and they make nice lights to o (although exspensive). Did you ever get to the bottom of the chlorine issue?
I think the chlorine issue was a false positive from the marine salt. Also I think the test strips were a bit faulty since the liquid test kit didn't really show any color change at all.

And yeah the tank is lovely! My only complaint is that the gaps on the top are too big so dust can fall through and accumulate, but i just found a clear plastic sheet to place on top to prevent this.
deedee71 wrote:I bought my artificial plastic seafans off ebay. I like your little cube, it is cute.
Ahh I see, I'mma stick with my current one and hopefully it will be good for the long run!
 #9257  by odin

Make sure you take lots of photos for us all to see!
 #9271  by TheMuggle

They've arrived! I had a mishap and some spilled out onto my carpet but they have been saved and they all seem okay and swimming about! I have placed them into my tank and they are really exploring their surroundings!

#9272  by odin

Oh no! Let me guess.. you tipped them out into a bowl and it spilt over the edge when it went in?

I'm glad you have your shrimp, enjoy watching them! :cool: :cool:
 #9279  by TheMuggle

odin wrote:Oh no! Let me guess.. you tipped them out into a bowl and it spilt over the edge when it went in?

I'm glad you have your shrimp, enjoy watching them! :cool: :cool:
Lol no it was worse, I was letting the bag sit upright and it bag half spilled and 4 spilled onto my carpet :dead: they seemed to all have been okay though as when they were placed back into the bag they were swimming about!
 #9281  by odin

That’s good to hear, don’t feel too bad I’ve had some do something similar myself lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro