Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #9343  by odin

They mostly came from shrimpmart.net but he has since shut up shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #9344  by pentux

tzg wrote:My shrimps dont even need any booster, vitamins nor formula water and they are booming, i use distilled water for top up, i feed spirulina powder daily and they snap it all up within an hr. As long as the water condition is right, dont mess with them and they will do what they need to do. :laugh:
How do you feed them? Sprinkle on water? Make it a clump and then dump it in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 #9354  by tzg

pentux wrote: 02 Sep 2020 14:07
tzg wrote:My shrimps dont even need any booster, vitamins nor formula water and they are booming, i use distilled water for top up, i feed spirulina powder daily and they snap it all up within an hr. As long as the water condition is right, dont mess with them and they will do what they need to do. :laugh:
How do you feed them? Sprinkle on water? Make it a clump and then dump it in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yes sprinkle on the water, the shrimps will come to the surface to eat it.
 #9363  by odin

I have seen people selling sticks covered in food that you place in your tank, maybe try that with algae. I agree with tzg by sprinkling it on the surface, if a small tank then about an inch across circumference.
 #9378  by Vorteil

Keep it simple. The food sticks are not needed. Leave that to the FW shrimp at even for these it's not needed. Just feed when you have to freeze dried spirulina. That's all.
 #9401  by amsyar_haziq

1 1/2 month later spotted this MTS snail (must have hijacked a ride) , it was a small tiny baby when it was in my ecosphere Image

started a neocaridina tank too , still in its cycling processImage

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

#9408  by odin

Just be warned about MTS, they breed like rats!