Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #9569  by Vorteil

I rarely if ever clean the glass on this 10 gallon tank. I got tired of not being able to see clearly in it. Always had to look from above.
Attachments:
IMG_4753.jpg
IMG_4753.jpg (63.42 KiB) Viewed 11158 times
IMG_4751.jpg
IMG_4751.jpg (62.84 KiB) Viewed 11158 times
 #9574  by odin

Lol nice, I’ve been threatening to clean a side or 2 of mine but they seem happy and I’m lazy :upsidedown: :upsidedown:
 #9580  by Johnny Max

Wow! they look so green and alive. I hope mine are eventually green like that.
Thanks for sharing the pictures.
 #9581  by opae ula related

Nice clean glass. You missed the bottom. Ha. Any good tips to clean near the gravel? I made a mistake of trying to clean there with the magnet cleaner and pick up a small rock and continued cleaning. End result was a scratch glass
 #9626  by Jeroen

opae ula related wrote: 15 Nov 2020 18:10 Nice clean glass. You missed the bottom. Ha. Any good tips to clean near the gravel? I made a mistake of trying to clean there with the magnet cleaner and pick up a small rock and continued cleaning. End result was a scratch glass Image
I always use to clean the glass near the bottom with a plastic credit card thing (the one without the shinny chip on it). You can use this to scrape the glass clean, and as the plastic is softer then glass it's not very likely to cause scratches. You can even push it against the glas and clean "below" the gravel on the front side of the tank

You can also use a razor blade, but this is more difficult and more likely to cause scratches.

Still in my opinion the best way to clean glass is with the "melamine foam" like magic ereaser, although you have to enter the water with these sponges....
Last edited by Jeroen on 23 Nov 2020 10:22, edited 1 time in total.
 #9628  by odin

Biggest issue is picking up sand and scratching glass/plastic, it makes a horrid noise too lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro