Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #9651  by odin

Ahhh ok, then I would have a guess and say water quality or temperature is the reason, have you tested the quality with a test kit? What water source did you use?
 #9652  by Jeroen

Thanks, I will do a test for the water parameters later today!
as source for water I use tap water. this is completely safe in the Netherlands as we do not have any chlorine etc in the water. They were also kept at this water at the supplier.
 #9663  by Jeroen

I’ve checked the water parameters and everything seems to be fine.
I think I’m also a little bit to afraid of loosing my shrimp. Seems that roughly 30 shrimp are now developing legs and start to be real shrimps!
 #9664  by odin

Ahh that’s great news!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #9710  by Jeroen

Great news! Another berried female!

so to summarize:

- first setup (the jar) 1 berried female in ± 6 month which lost all her eggs
- during the switch from old to new "house" noticed two little baby shrimp! Probably survived from that female mentioned above.
- ± 4 month later in the new environment 4 berried females ± 40 baby shrimp (they are now tiny shrimp that hapilly graze on the glass surface)
± 1 month later another berried female

I think this means that everything should be perfectly balanced now! I sometimes see a pale Opae Ula, but I think this is nothing to really worry about based on their breeding right?
 #9719  by odin

That’s good to hear! Don’t worry about pale shrimp, if I put my net in a tank even the dark red ones turn pale. Some may even just be pale naturally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro