Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #9787  by Vorteil

Looks great. For the Chaetomorpha you'll have to find a brackish one. The full saltwater version will not survive in brackish. It will break apart over time and melt.
 #9788  by opae ula related

Vorteil wrote:Looks great. For the Chaetomorpha you'll have to find a brackish one. The full saltwater version will not survive in brackish. It will break apart over time and melt.
I bought the full saltwater one when I first started. Image
 #9789  by solomalawi.

Vorteil wrote:Looks great. For the Chaetomorpha you'll have to find a brackish one. The full saltwater version will not survive in brackish. It will break apart over time and melt.
In Italy I did not find anything, I tried twice with the salty one but as you said it melted now I'm looking for the maritime ruppia which they told me is suitable for brackish

Inviato dal mio SNE-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

#9790  by solomalawi.

opae ula related wrote:
I bought the full saltwater one when I first started. Image
As I understand there are various species of Chaetomorpha and you will have found the one that adapts more easily, I have tried twice with different species but nothing

Inviato dal mio SNE-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

#9793  by odin

I would love to export but when I look into countries rules for receiving live plants its gets a bit crazy, the macro algae for brackish i grow gets pruned and put in the bin every few months to keep it under control.
 #9795  by Vorteil

@opae ula related
You started with the full SW macro algae? I tried those since it's cheap and many for sale on eBay. Do you think any of those would work? I didn't have a good experienced with it and figured the one that google sells is a variety specifically meant for brackish. I heard of others trying full SW but none had any luck other than you.
 #9796  by opae ula related

Vorteil wrote:@opae ula related
You started with the full SW macro algae? I tried those since it's cheap and many for sale on eBay. Do you think any of those would work? I didn't have a good experienced with it and figured the one that google sells is a variety specifically meant for brackish. I heard of others trying full SW but none had any luck other than you.
No luck. I meant I started out with it but like your experience it turn white and died.