Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #354  by opae ula related

I experimented with adding 3 opae ula shirmp that were a few months old to the Alpha tank to see if they would be eaten. I was thinking that smaller opae ula would more likely to be eaten then full sized adults due to the obvious reasons. Well after a week, they are still alive and the Alpha haven't been feed (from me)anything for a month. So the myth that Alpha eats heathly opae ula is most likely untrue for my understanding. :wink:
 #426  by opae ula related

Opae Ula eating dead Hawaiian Dwarf Hermit Crab. I know they molt once a while, but this one doesn't look like it. Too bad :sad2:
Last edited by opae ula related on 02 Jun 2016 20:54, edited 1 time in total.
 #427  by odin

Sorry for your loss :upset: do you have any others or was this a lonesome one? Did it survive for long in the Opae ula tank?
 #428  by opae ula related

odin wrote:Sorry for your loss :upset: do you have any others or was this a lonesome one? Did it survive for long in the Opae ula tank?
There are several more, below is a video of 3 of them. Had for a year now and not sure of their lifespan.

#520  by opae ula related

IMG_0437 (1).JPG
IMG_0437 (1).JPG (196.14 KiB) Viewed 11973 times
Anyone know the official name of this algae? I had it since August 2015 and it is starting to grow on the volcano rock.
 #522  by Ann

I'm a total beginner, but looking at photos, the closest that I saw was Green Hair Algae. I'm probably wrong.
 #544  by opae ula related

Not green hair, I used to have those in the tank but I removed it all. This one grows much slower than the green hair. I google it and tried to find it but didn't have any luck.
 #545  by odin

opae ula related wrote:Not green hair, I used to have those in the tank but I removed it all. This one grows much slower than the green hair. I google it and tried to find it but didn't have any luck.
Not sure if this is of any use,

#546  by opae ula related

Thanks. Don't think I saw it in the video. I don't want to get rid of it, but I might physically pull it off the rock though.