Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #99  by opae ula related

Tank: 150+ Opae Ula from three different sellers
Size: 7.5 gallon Mr. Aqua Tank
Heater: ~78°F, Eheim 50W
Air: Yes with Altum Aquatic Nano S1 Air Pump
Filter: No
Lights: 5.62W Mr. Aqua LED light 9 hours on and in-direct natural sun light
SG: ~1.011
Feeding: Mostly Spirulina, Ocean Nutrition Shrimp Wafers & Hirari Crab Cuisine for Hermit Crabs that Opae Ula loves too

Tank 2 - 2 gallon tank for mostly larvae from above tank with just heater ~ 78°F.

Tank 3 - 2 gallon tank with Alpha (Metabetaeus lohena) Opae Ula and Opae Ula with just heater also.

View in HD. One larvae already released and more at any time.

Last edited by opae ula related on 17 Mar 2016 16:00, edited 3 times in total.
 #101  by odin

oh wow that footage is amazing! please keep the updates coming :)
Do you use an air stone with your airpump?
 #102  by opae ula related

odin wrote:oh wow that footage is amazing! please keep the updates coming :)
Do you use an air stone with your airpump?

Yes, air stone right underneath the heater to help distribute the heat. Well that is my thinking.
 #329  by odin

Great video, id like a lava rock setup at some point but the nice dark stuff over here is pretty expensive.
 #333  by opae ula related

odin wrote:Great video, id like a lava rock setup at some point but the nice dark stuff over here is pretty expensive.

Any links?
 #334  by opae ula related

odin wrote:Great video, id like a lava rock setup at some point but the nice dark stuff over here is pretty expensive.
I can send you some for cheap in July, but shipping is expensive?
 #335  by odin

opae ula related wrote:

Any links?
https://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/caribs ... -6492.html

The brown stuff is cheaper but the black isnt. especially if you need to fill a 17 gallon tank with it.

Edit: If I had another tank id probably go for the offer but i'm going to stick with 3 for now as they are establish, thank-you for the generous offer though. I might be able to talk the other half into letting me have another tank at some point. :laugh: :laugh:
 #350  by odin

They are so fast! great video :laugh: