Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

■ Our shrimp sales are temporarily on pause while the pandemic lockdown is underway. ■
Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #5796  by opae ula related
 15 Nov 2018 20:15
Algae In Space wrote:That will be fun :upsidedown: I'll have to give my old pal Arnie a ring tho. I need his private jet for this one.
 #5797  by Algae In Space
 15 Nov 2018 21:09
I'll end with him and the fly named after him "Megapropodiphora arnoldi". Who knew!?

OUR, where did you get your Alpha Opaes?

And what are you using for your close ups? Are you just using the digital zoom or a macro lens too?
 #5813  by opae ula related
 16 Nov 2018 22:52
opae ula related wrote:Image

Just for reference.

Alpha length for reference ~15MM
1st pic is the longest Opae Ula I have. ~13MM
 #5948  by Paulao
 01 Dec 2018 03:15
@opae ula related How's the Alphas doing? What do you feed them with? I thinking if i should redo my Alphas tank since my main tank is cycling now. :sidesmile:
 #5949  by opae ula related
 01 Dec 2018 04:57
Paulao wrote:@opae ula related How's the Alphas doing? What do you feed them with? I thinking if i should redo my Alphas tank since my main tank is cycling now. :sidesmile:
Same, nothing exciting. Just co-existing with Opae Ula. I don’t really feed but I do throw in Crab Cuisine once in a while. When I get the chance I will get some brine shrimp to feed to check out. How you planning to redo? I think one large rock is good if you plan to catch the mother to separate the babies. Easier to lift one rock then many rocks.