Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

■ We sell Opae ula Shrimp and Brackish water Macroalgae via our UK eBay store HERE
Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #7043  by Arnold
 06 Apr 2019 01:46
opae ula related wrote: 06 Apr 2019 00:04 I think we discussed this previously about Larvae are released deep within the pool where it is cooler. I think this is true because I couldnt see larvae out in the open. Or I was blind since they are so small.

Yes, in the wild the larvae has never been watched, there are various hypothesis about it, one of the most accepted its that the larvae need a stable salinity because they dont have the osmotic regulators of the adults, in the upper parts of the pools since the evaporation the larvae cant handle the salinity swings
 #7044  by opae ula related
 06 Apr 2019 05:48
Arnold wrote:
opae ula related wrote: 06 Apr 2019 00:04 I think we discussed this previously about Larvae are released deep within the pool where it is cooler. I think this is true because I couldnt see larvae out in the open. Or I was blind since they are so small.

Yes, in the wild the larvae has never been watched, there are various hypothesis about it, one of the most accepted its that the larvae need a stable salinity because they dont have the osmotic regulators of the adults, in the upper parts of the pools since the evaporation the larvae cant handle the salinity swings
Image cool! Here is something from the national park.
 #7050  by Arnold
 08 Apr 2019 15:08
These shrimps are amazing adaptable, they thrive in that pool full of twigs and leaf litter with lot of tanins
 #7051  by opae ula related
 08 Apr 2019 17:59
Thanks. Also didnt seem to see berried ones so I assume they are deep within the caves.

Also that white stuff maybe isnt newspaper but dead seaweed?
 #7053  by opae ula related
 08 Apr 2019 21:40
Arnold wrote:
opae ula related wrote: 07 Apr 2019 20:29

If you have a lot of visits of spanish people its thanks to me sharing the video here in local forums hahaha :smile:
Image cool! Is it on shrimps in general or a delicated opae ula forum?