Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #8299  by opae ula related
 22 Aug 2019 17:29
Algae In Space wrote:
opae ula related wrote: 22 Aug 2019 06:29 Just a note that the Alpha is berried again. No luck catching her though.

You and your Alpha catching attempts :smile: It will happen one day!
I did before ha.
 #8316  by opae ula related
 25 Aug 2019 05:19
Algae In Space wrote:Man you got so much nice algae!! Mine totally gone since new snails.
Wow, for real? Have 2 Pipiwai in this main tank and they are getting big.ImageImage
 #8318  by odin
 25 Aug 2019 14:02
Snails are great, I think I’m going to try and find an enclosed lid for the cubes and introduce 1 small horned nerite snail to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #8319  by opae ula related
 25 Aug 2019 15:42
odin wrote:Snails are great, I think I’m going to try and find an enclosed lid for the cubes and introduce 1 small horned nerite snail to them.

Oh, thought you had custom bulit lids already
 #8320  by opae ula related
 25 Aug 2019 15:48
Algae In Space wrote:Yup they pretty much ate all of the algae. 2 cm is pretty good!
Maybe someone has a guide to number of snails to a certain tank size. AIG create one :). I assume different species eat different amounts of algae? I think one Pipiwai snail to 2 to 3 gallons of water is ideal.
 #8322  by odin
 25 Aug 2019 16:33
opae ula related wrote:
odin wrote:Snails are great, I think I’m going to try and find an enclosed lid for the cubes and introduce 1 small horned nerite snail to them.

Oh, thought you had custom bulit lids already

Oh yeah I do on my normal tanks but the small ones I’m going to sell have an opening on the tops.