Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #2077  by Heifzilla

Hi, first time here.

I just recently got some Opae'ula from a company that sells them in little bottles with a cork in the top. They sent me 4 shrimp. Several years ago I had an EcoSphere, which had been my first intro to these little guys. Of course the little Opae'ula didn't live long, but I did get two years before he molted to nothing :(

When I picked up the most recent Opae'ula, I felt that having them in something where I could open and feed them was better, but after researching, I decided to move them to a larger home. This is a work in progress. It is a little over a gallon, has a heater, but no filtration. I have some lava rock in there, and will be adding a large sea fan once it arrives (I do like the EcoSphere look). There is currently a small piece of sea fan and some hairy algae that came with the Opae'ula in e new set up as well. The small bottle in the pic is what the originally were living in.

The little guys are happily doing some serious laps around their new home :)

p.s. Sorry my pic is rotated sideways, not sure how to fix that :(
Attachments:
New setup 11/6/16
New setup 11/6/16
IMG_2879.JPG (192.75 KiB) Viewed 5957 times
 #2080  by caine

Welcome. They will definitely do much better in the 1 gallon jar than the original bottle.

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk
 #2082  by odin

Welcome to our forum! Let me start out by saying great job on setting these guys up with a nice big tank. Although they can survive in small containers it can't be much fun for them.

It looks great and I'm sure they will be much happier and hopefully start breeding in their new tank. If you have any questions or need any help then just put up a post, there are some very knowledgable members here :) .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro