Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #7121  by pentux

Any suggestions how to move my tank back home from my office? I am afraid water will be splashing all over once I put them in the car n drive home. Also those shrimps babies might die.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 #7124  by Algae In Space

Well this may not be your thing. But one option could be to top the water fully off to the edge and then "seal" the tank with bits of rubber or silicone, ... and a top part like another glass pane. It should work. You just need to secure it with a lot of tape. Just an idea. :grin3:
Last edited by Algae In Space on 15 Apr 2019 15:37, edited 1 time in total.
 #7126  by pentux

Algae In Space wrote:Well this may not be your thing. But one option could be to top the water fully off to the edge and then "seal" the tank with bits of foam, rubber or silicone, ... and a top part like another glass pane. It should work. You just need to secure it with a lot of tape. Just an idea. :grin3:
It would be pretty difficult for me as my tank doesnt come with a top. I have a piece of plastic customed made but it doesn’t seal off completely

#7127  by odin

Do you have a photo of your tank so we can see what we are dealing with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #7128  by pentux

odin wrote:Do you have a photo of your tank so we can see what we are dealing with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
First page odin. :)

#7131  by opae ula related

One way is to leave half the tank with water so it is manageable to carry and take out everything except the gravel & Opae ula. Plastic wrap the top with tape.

Wrap the tank with something soft ( old blanket? ) and tape around.

Drive slowlyyy. Good luck.