Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #6489  by Opae157

hi guys i am wondering to get a already berried opae from seller but will it be wasting that i purchase her and ship her in which takes about 3-5 working days? will it make her drop her eggs etc? or will it affect her life etc? feel like requesting for a berried one so that even if she drp eggs i would know that is a female opae?
advises please
 #6494  by Vorteil

I think the stress from shipping will be too mcuh for a berried female to take. Plus you need to take consideration of the new enviroment she'll be put into. No guaranty that the tank will be suitable enough. This is why I believe some hobbyist are able to beed theirs while others have a hard time. While the opae are easy to breed in general there are some general ground rules that need to be followed in order to get there.
 #6515  by odin

Yup shipping and new water conditions will pretty much make her dump the eggs and if any do get to the larval stage there is no certainty that your water conditions will be ok for the larvae to survive or make adult hood, they are way more sensitive.
 #6878  by Opae157

Hi Guys planning to get this tank 1L to upgrade my mini tank from 600ml... was wondering if this type ornament is suitable for the opaes? do they need ornaments which they can go into and hide etc or just a plain scape like this is viable. hahahah any aquascape to recommend doing for this cylinder tank? hahaha tank is about 10 cm wide and 18 cm tall any recommended scapes that i can do hahah which involves my marimos? hahah open them up and make them into carpet glued onto dragon stones or resin mountain scapes etc? recommendations? hahah
Attachments:
WhatsApp Image 2019-03-03 at 12.42.29 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2019-03-03 at 12.42.29 PM.jpeg (122.87 KiB) Viewed 7267 times
WhatsApp Image 2019-03-03 at 1.44.00 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2019-03-03 at 1.44.00 PM.jpeg (40.39 KiB) Viewed 7267 times
 #6890  by Opae157

what type hiding place are good for them? those starfish like caves or ceramic square things are they actually useful? hahahah i am giving up on rock scape because it will take up my water capacity space..
Attachments:
download.jpg
download.jpg (11.81 KiB) Viewed 7246 times
download (1).jpg
download (1).jpg (13.48 KiB) Viewed 7246 times