Update concerning my opae ula. After the brown algae overgrowth (i think it was cyanobacteria) i started a new tank and transfered all rocks after cooking and thoroughly cleaning them. I also transfered the opae ula afterwards. I am afraid I lost two opae in the process (or they died before) as I have only 8 opae ula left.
Now after chatting with another opae ula owner, he adviced me to test the big white rock in my tank with vinegar and bubbles were formed. I assume that this is not good so i left it out of the tank. I never tested the rock before as it was bought in a well known aquarium store and we assuledthat it was also a vulcanic rock. However I am now wondering if I should restart my tank again. The tank was 2 weeks old, so the rock has been in there for 2 weeks.
Is it ok to leave it now or is a new tank needed?
Fyi, i have bought five snails in the mean time but these are not in the new tank yet, as there is no visible algae growth yet. They are currently still in the old tank, where there are more than enough algae :)
*** owner of opae ula (halocaridina rubra) since 19/01/2019 ***