Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #7971  by Owlbit

@Algae In Space The temptation is strong, but so far I have left them alone since they have been placed into the tank.

@opae ula related There are 30? I purchased 25, but he threw in a few extras. :smile:

They have relaxed more this morning and are mostly actively grazing. They seem to have found some favorite hangouts. No observable deaths in the night. Everyone looks vibrant and healthy.
Attachments:
tank_20190713b_thumb.jpg
tank_20190713b_thumb.jpg (43.21 KiB) Viewed 5556 times
tank_20190713a_thumb.jpg
tank_20190713a_thumb.jpg (41.16 KiB) Viewed 5556 times
 #7972  by Owlbit

I don't know what they find so fascinating about the temperature probe, but over 20 of them are hanging out there. If it was longer, I am sure all would try.
Attachments:
tank_20190713c_thumb.jpg
tank_20190713c_thumb.jpg (33.28 KiB) Viewed 5553 times
 #7973  by opae ula related

Owlbit wrote:I don't know what they find so fascinating about the temperature probe, but over 20 of them are hanging out there. If it was longer, I am sure all would try.
Did you used it in a prior tank? Leftover algae
 #7974  by Algae In Space

Owlbit wrote: 13 Jul 2019 18:59 I don't know what they find so fascinating about the temperature probe, but over 20 of them are hanging out there. If it was longer, I am sure all would try.

It is the same with my thermometer sometimes. It's a 5 cm stick they love to sit on sometimes :smile:
 #7975  by Algae In Space

Owlbit wrote: 13 Jul 2019 17:00 @Algae In Space The temptation is strong, but so far I have left them alone since they have been placed into the tank.

@opae ula related There are 30? I purchased 25, but he threw in a few extras. :smile:

They have relaxed more this morning and are mostly actively grazing. They seem to have found some favorite hangouts. No observable deaths in the night. Everyone looks vibrant and healthy.

Mine strangely don't even like spirulina that much... I only fed the snails at first when I got them.
 #7977  by Owlbit

opae ula related wrote:
Owlbit wrote:I don't know what they find so fascinating about the temperature probe, but over 20 of them are hanging out there. If it was longer, I am sure all would try.
It is brand new. Just placed in a few days ago. Most of them are still there and near the surface. This is normal right? :worried: They aren't suffocating right? Cause I took their filter away from that corner.
 #7979  by opae ula related

Owlbit wrote:
opae ula related wrote:
It is brand new. Just placed in a few days ago. Most of them are still there and near the surface. This is normal right? :worried: They aren't suffocating right? Cause I took their filter away from that corner.
Nothing to worry about
 #8002  by Owlbit

I guess I never realized how social they are. They have migrated away from the probe and are now grazing below it as a group.
Attachments:
tank_20190717_thumb.jpg
tank_20190717_thumb.jpg (52.53 KiB) Viewed 5504 times