Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Share photos/videos, journals and logs for your Opae ula tank setups for others to read.
 #446  by Superdurian

odin wrote:You will have to let us know how well the moss balls do in your salinity, I've been tempted to have a go with some my self but they can be pretty expensive over here :sad:
I have it at about 1.008-1.010sg. About 2-3 hours of desk lamp light a day. My tank is also getting indirect sunlight during the day in my room.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
 #447  by Superdurian

opae ula related wrote:Nice SuperDurian! Odin, there is a Ebay guy from Malyasia that sells small ones for .99 Cents US shipped. I brought several and they do well in the opae ula tank. I thought there might be issues because of the price but there were none and are surviving in the opae ula tank. Not sure if the same kind as your friend's :grin3: site for $19.99 US but can't beat the price shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360623487757?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
I have heard some people saying moss ball will die over the long run in opae ula tank. Im not sure how true but im gonna just try it out. Well, my room temperature here is about 30 degree celcieus... still looking good so far. I think moss ball do better at 20-24.

#448  by odin

Superdurian wrote:
opae ula related wrote:Nice SuperDurian! Odin, there is a Ebay guy from Malyasia that sells small ones for .99 Cents US shipped. I brought several and they do well in the opae ula tank. I thought there might be issues because of the price but there were none and are surviving in the opae ula tank. Not sure if the same kind as your friend's :grin3: site for $19.99 US but can't beat the price shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360623487757?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
I have heard some people saying moss ball will die over the long run in opae ula tank. Im not sure how true but im gonna just try it out. Well, my room temperature here is about 30 degree celcieus... still looking good so far. I think moss ball do better at 20-24.

Please keep us updated with how well they do with time :happy: