Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Anything and everything not related to Opae ula can go here!
 #456  by odin

I was given a 55litre cube and another 50ish litre standard fish tank with the plastic top and bottom but im not sure i have anywhere to put them to use without buying a stand :smile: :tongue: :grin3:

I just cant say no to free fish tanks :lol:
 #460  by odin

haha if only it was that easy! i may set just one up next month though!
 #469  by odin

So i decided not to use the 2 tanks i was given, both around 50-ish litres i felt were too big so i just purchased another one that would fit on my desk in a gap perfect for it, it was on offer at £28 and its 20Litres, 25cmx25cmx25cm. Its the same as the other 2 cubes i have albeit slightly smaller.
 #471  by Ann

Oh, that sounds wonderful. I think your other tanks are beautiful. I enjoy the pictures and videos. If only I could get my own act together... :grin3:
Ann
 #473  by odin

Yes getting started is always a bit of a mission, you can always do it in stages and just buy the container/tank and dump in some RO and salt and leave it until you get around to adding substrate and rocks. This way the water is maturing constantly and gives you time to shop and take your time with the rest.
 #476  by odin

My first tank got setup about a year before i actually put shrimp in it :lol: The room i have my tanks got filled with a siblings full home belongings and furniture and i couldn't get to my tank for around a year, the algae was insane because i couldn't physically get to the tank or shut the blind in the window :smile: :smile: