Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Anything and everything not related to Opae ula can go here!
 #2569  by Bat

Opaeula are magic, but neocaridina are the queen of shrimp tanks. Easy to keep, easy to breed, supports a wide range of parameters. I have four tanks with different neocaridina varieties. Let's start with blue ones:

#2570  by odin

Oh wow! Those are great photos my friend, i do love neos too and have a few cherrys in my tropical tank.
 #2571  by Bat

Yeah Odin, neocaridina are lovely.

Let's follow with shrimp's rainbow. Black variety:

It's funny to cross different varieties and await the colour breeds. Like surprise box. I did it whit blue/black. Pics in the next post.
Last edited by Bat on 14 Jan 2017 11:13, edited 1 time in total.
 #2574  by Bat

Crossing different neocaridina varieties loses coloration in the next generation. But you also get some curious individuals. Like this ones, mixed blue/black/brown:

#2575  by odin

lovely specimens, how many tanks do you have with freshwater shrimps in @Bat
 #2576  by Bat

Now I keep three neocaridina tanks, another one cold freshwater with atyaephyra desmarestii. And one opaeula brackish, of course.
 #2632  by Bat

Red neocaridina, colourful and easy to breed.

Like all shrimps they are scavengers. Eating dead bicirrhis:
 #2633  by odin

They have a really nice red glow to them, the substrate helps bring out their natural colour too. :wink:
 #2640  by Bat

Yellow neon
Last edited by Bat on 23 Jan 2017 15:58, edited 1 time in total.
 #2642  by odin

I've noticed some neos have the light stripe down their backs, i have some on my red cherrys but im not 100% sure where it comes from as its not on all of them.