Opaeula.co.uk

A dedicated forum and online store for the Opae ula shrimp! 

Having issues with your tank or inhabitants? Need to know what equipment to use or have other questions? Post here!
 #8789  by Jeroen

Thank you for the warm welcome in the introduction topic.

Today I’ve reshaped the stones and introduced the Black Sea Fan!!! (didn’t do a water change yet as I’m still cycling). A small question for you as experienced Opae Ula keepers. I would like to introduce the “Opae Ula Macroalgae” but I don’t know exactly what it is. I’ve wrote it’s a type of Chaeto, I don’t know exactly what type. This as it’s not interesting for me to order from “google.com” hope I can get it here in the Netherlands.
 #8790  by odin

I’m not sure on the type unfortunately, I sell it here in the UK so if you know someone over here that can give it to you that can work out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 #8791  by Jeroen

odin wrote:I’m not sure on the type unfortunately, I sell it here in the UK so if you know someone over here that can give it to you that can work out.

Can I ask you in which part of the Uk you life? Somewhere in April i’m In the Uk (probably) around Harwich or Kent, so maybe I can collect it then or ask you to ship it to our last campsite??

The UK always feels like a home to me :smile:
 #8792  by odin

I’m not near there unfortunately, our postage system is good so if that’s what you would like to do just message me and we can sort that out.

#8793  by Vorteil

Keep in mind the macro algae or chaeto is specific to brackish water SG. Very few sell it. Odin for one does. You cannot get the salt water chaeto and condition it to brackish. Within a week it will break apart and disintegrate. Unfortunately very few plants can survive under these conditions.
 #8810  by Jeroen

Quick update....week 3. The white cloudy effect finally disappeared I’ll keep feeding the tank twice a day and now waiting for algae to appear.
Found a strange oily film on the water, but I think this is caused by all the food that’s in there. This will be solved on the final water change before i’ll Introduce the shrimps.
Here’s a picture of the current situation
DSC_0251.JPG
DSC_0251.JPG (2.81 MiB) Viewed 8655 times
 #8811  by odin

Yeah some of my tanks have that, some looks like it just had crud floating on the surface and some look like an oil slick, totally normal! Thanks for the update and photo.. looks great :)

#8833  by Jeroen

Thanks a lot, i’m really happy with the end result. Now i’m waiting for some algae to grow.
It’s a little bit strange however that the cloudy effect of bacterial bloom is back again....maybe due to a change in the amount of food without noticing it?
I’m now 4 weeks in the cycling mode